Natural remedies for cold sores are easy to be applied by anyone, but first, we need to know what cold sores are, and how to use the suitable treatment.
It is also called blisters, characterized by pain, redness, and swelling filled with liquid. When this swelling breaks the liquid leaks out and inflammation around the infected area appears, it can stay for ten days or two weeks and disappear by using natural remedies for cold sores.
Causes of cold sores
It is a viral infection caused by Herpes simplex virus -1 and - 2
(HSV-1) this viral infection leads to all symptoms of cold sores so regard the major Cause for cold sores.
(HSV-2) can cause cold sores but most infection of it appears in genital herpes, so regard the minor cause of cold sores.
Also, there are other causes besides viruses such as some food, stress, fever, cold, allergy, and also after dental surgery.
This infection can spread through direct contact by mouth as kissing, all of these causes can be treated by natural remedies besides medications.
Areas affected by cold sores and easily treated with natural remedies for cold sores:
This viral infection can affect your mouth, lips, around lips, and nose.
Whatever the affected area, this is very painful and needs natural remedies for cold sores.
Stages of formation of these blisters:
This blister occurs in stages
Firstly you feel itching and burning in the area.
Then after at least 14hours the swollen, redness, and pain appeared and blisters formed.
After two days this swollen breaks and liquid breaks, and as carb forms on the sores.
Symptoms of cold sores:
Several symptoms appear in the affected area:
Firstly in the affected area, you feel:
Then the general symptoms you feel:
The best natural remedies for cold sores:
1- Natural remedies for cold sores with lemon balm:
- Lemon balm, also called Melissa officinalis, belongs to the mint family.
- Rich with antiviral components so regards the best of natural remedies for cold sores.
- Also used in relaxation and to improve the negative mode and stress, where stress can lead to cold sores.
- Also help to treat headache, menstrual cramps, insomnia, and sleep disorders.
- It is found in the form of cream for cold sores so by applying the cream on the affected area four times daily you will get satisfactory results where the symptoms (redness and swelling ) disappear and the pain relief from the inflamed area.
2- Natural remedies for cold sores with ice:
- The ice is the best choice to relieve the pain from the affected area.
- It can't completely treat the sores but it is more useful to decrease symptoms (pain, redness, and swelling).
3- Natural remedies for cold sores with Aloe Vera:
- It is a natural gel extracted from plants, so it can be found easily in your house.
- It has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties so regard the best choice for cold sores treatment and relief its pain and symptoms.
- It can be applied more than two times daily because it is not in any danger but it's very gentle and improves the inflamed area.
4- Natural remedies for cold sores with sunscreen:
Generally, sunscreen must be used daily to protect your skin from sun radiation and must qualify with SPF30.
Also used for cold sores treatment, protect your lips from sun radiation where sun radiation leads to further inflammation and redness of the affected area.
Applying sunscreen prevents further breaks in the future.
5- Natural remedies for cold sores with apple cider vinegar:
It is most helpful in treatment due to its antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties.
Be careful don't use it directly on your skin so it must be diluted with water to prevent irritation of your skin.
Apply it one or two times daily for satisfying results.
6- Natural remedies for cold sores with essential oils:
- Essential oils are more useful in treatment due to their antimicrobial properties and inhibitory properties against the virus.
This Inhibitory property can stop the action of the virus and its replication this means that these essential oils have antiviral effects against the herpes simplex virus.
Essential oils as:
Tea tree oil
Ginger essential oils
Cinnamon essential oils
Rosemary essential oils
Clove essential oils
- To obtain satisfying results must obtain pure essential oils and diluted them before using them to prevent irritation and inflammation of your skin.
- Also applied on the affected area one-two times daily.
7- Natural remedies for cold sores with kanuka honey:
- It is extracted from manuka trees in New Zealand.
- It's more useful in the treatment of sores due to having properties for healing and decreasing inflammation.
- So by applying on the affected area the inflammation and redness will disappear.
- It's very useful in treating skin.
8- Natural remedies for cold sores with propolis:
- It is also produced by bees so like honey.
- It is a sticky greenish-brown product.
- It is more important in wound healing and inflammation because having antiviral properties.
- Take care to obtain the original one to obtain satisfying results.
- It can be applied three times daily and you will notice redness, inflammation, and swelling relief.
- Also, prevent further breaks in the future.
9- Natural remedies for cold sores with an essential amino acid as lysine:
- Lysine has antimicrobial properties so it is more useful in sores treatment.
- It has antiviral properties, it inhibits the activation of herbs simplex virus.
- Reduce healing time.
- Available in the form of tablet and cream by applying on the affected area daily you will be fine.
10- Natural remedies for cold sores with zinc:
- Zinc oxide has good properties in the treatment of sores and reduces the time of healing and also protects further breaks.
- It is present in the form of cream by applying it to the affected area the symptoms of itching and burning will disappear.
You should protect your health and avoid anything that affects it as stress where stress is the major cause of any illness so you need to avoid stress and become relaxed.
Drink enough water and play sport, if you become healthy and relaxed, you will not need any medications or any natural remedies for cold sores.
Read more about: