Turmeric Benefits, for many centuries, were used for cooking purposes. Now it’s like magic, as it is widely used also for almost all issues regarding health, medicine, and beauty. Turmeric benefits are due to its powerful, amazing, and numerous properties.
Turmeric is a natural spice found in India with a bright yellow color. It is the rhizome root of a plant called Curcuma longa (a member of the ginger family Zingiberaceae), so its name -In many cultures- is based on the Latin word Curcuma. Curcumin is the active ingredient, so it is responsible for all turmeric benefits and properties.
Turmeric Benefits on health
There is nothing that curcumin can’t do. Thanks to its antibacterial, antiviral, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antineoplastic properties, turmeric health benefits are great. You can boost your immunity and brighten your skin by drinking turmeric tea or turmeric milk as a daily routine.
Turmeric tea recipe
- 1 ½ cups of boiling water
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Pinch of black pepper
- Coconut milk, echinacea, chamomile, ginger spice, and cinnamon are also optional additives but increase the nutritional values and benefits.
Add turmeric powder, lemon juice, and other choices to boiling water, stir well, and enjoy.
Turmeric milk (golden milk) recipe
- ½ tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 cup of milk (coconut, cow or almond)
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¼ tsp of ginger spice
- 1 tsp of honey for sweetening
Combine all ingredients by a blender till smooth, heat until warm, but not boiling, and enjoy the natural golden milk with its various benefits.
Use black pepper as a main ingredient in recipes. Thanks to its ability to improve the bioavailability of curcumin, It increases the absorption of curcumin and so maintains its benefits.
Benefits of Turmeric tea and turmeric milk on health
1- They are used to detoxify your liver and overcome most problems.
2- Use them for skincare, as they heal your skin from the inside out and make your face more glowing.
3- They are used to refresh your body and skin.
4- They contain antioxidants, which protect your cells from damage. You can use turmeric’s products to protect yourself against diseases.
5- They also have anti-inflammatory properties, which help in chronic diseases like cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
6- They are used to Improve digestion and reduce digestive disorders.
7- They used to control blood sugar levels and also prohibit insulin resistance.
8- Curcumin - the active constituent of turmeric - is a fat burner, so its benefits include accelerating the rate of weight loss and making you more confident.
9- Turmeric helps in various skin problems like psoriasis, eczema, alopecia, scabies, acne, burns, and lichen planus, so turmeric health benefits are wide.
Benefits and Uses of turmeric for skin:
Curcumin - the active constituent of turmeric - has antioxidant properties, which help your skin become more healthy, young, and luminous. It gives you an attractive look by stunting the activity of the free radicals which are responsible for making your skin get older.
▪ Healing wounds:
Curcumin has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antimicrobial properties. It is used in healing wounds by enhancing collagen deposition, tissue remodeling, granulation tissue formation, and wound contraction.
▪ Treatment of wrinkles:
One of the popular benefits and uses of turmeric for skin is improving overall appearance in skin texture, as it is used to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Turmeric products are known to give you a younger and vivid appearance of the skin.
▪ Clearing acne and scars:
Turmeric’s choice for your beauty care is a good decision, as it makes your skin look pure and bright. Acne leaves your skin unprotected against fungal, viral, bacterial, and parasitic invasions, so can be damaged easily. Treatment of acne is one of the main popular benefits and uses of turmeric for skin, as It fights pimples and also reduces oil build-up, inflammation, and bacteria on the surface of the skin. Benefits and Uses of turmeric for skin also include resisting future acne breakouts, due to its incredible healing properties.
DIY face Masks for acne:
● Use 1 tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of honey + some water → Mix the compound to form a thick natural paste → apply on your face, wait 15 minutes, then wash with warm water.
● Use ½ tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of lime juice or 2 tsp of Aloe Vera gel → wait for 15 minutes. It is used to treat the older acne scars on your skin and improve the appearance of your face.
● Use 1 tsp of turmeric + 2 tsp of rice flour (it is used to absorb excess oil from the skin and clean pores) + 2-3 drops of rose water (it is used to hydrate and tighten your skin) + yogurt or milk → wait for 15 minutes before washing your skin
● Use ½ tsp of turmeric + raw neem leaves (boil in water then grind them) → mix the compound, apply on face, wait till it dries, then rinse with cool water
● Use Witch hazel + turmeric → This mask is used to clear acne
● Use Turmeric + potato juice → This mask is used to make your skin smoother by removing scars
● Use 1 tsp of baking soda + ½ tsp of turmeric + 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar → treat your spots with a q-tip → It is used for brightening your face by treating acne spots.
● Use 1 tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar + 1 tsp of honey + 1 tsp of almond milk or yogurt
● Use 1 tsp of turmeric + coconut oil as needed (it is used to restore the natural balance of the skin)
▪ Whitening skin:
benefits of Turmeric include bleaching the skin.
Topical DIY face masks for bleaching:
● 1 tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of lime juice + 1 tsp of milk or coconut oil → stay for 20 minutes before washing your skin → wash your skin with warm then cold water
● 1 tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of honey + 2 tsp flour + 3 tsp coconut milk → wait for 20 minutes then wash your skin
Turmeric removes dead skin and makes your skin smoother.
The topical formula for dead skin:
● ½ tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of oatmeal + 1 tsp of red lentil + some milk or rose water → Mix all procedures, apply on your skin and stay for 20 minutes → then scrub your skin with the mask and wash with lukewarm water
▪ Decreasing hyperpigmentation:
Add ½ tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of lemon juice + 1 tsp of yogurt → apply on your skin and wait for 15 minutes → then wash your skin with warm water.
▪ Soothing irritation and redness:
You can make a face turmeric Mask to soothe your skin after sun exposure by adding one tsp of turmeric to:
● (1 tsp of Aloe Vera gel) or (2 tbsp of mashed banana + ½ tsp of honey) → apply on your face, wait 20 minutes, then wash with water.
▪ Dark circles:
You can make a turmeric mask at home to decrease your dark circles by adding:
● 1 tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of lemon juice + 2 tsp of milk or yogurt + 1 tsp of honey
● ½ tsp of turmeric + 1 tsp of shea butter
8 benefits of turmeric that will surprise you:
1- treats cracked heels
One of Turmeric skin benefits is reducing the dryness of the skin due to its moisturizing properties. It can also peel off dry and dead skin.
- make a paste consists of turmeric and coconut oil → apply to your skin, wait for 15 minutes, then wash your skin with warm water. benefits of this mask are gaining soft, moisturized, and vivid skin.
2- minimizes the appearance of stretch marks
- Use turmeric + saffron + lemon juice → form a paste, apply on your skin, wait for 15 minutes, then wash your skin with warm water.
3- benefits of turmeric soap on skin
You can gain all Turmeric skin benefits from turmeric soap. It is an effective solution for busy women to have glowing skin without consuming any extra time. turmeric soap is a fantastic daily routine for flawless skin.
4- turmeric supplement
turmeric is available in many forms like capsules, teas, pastes, powders, serums, and soaps. choose your favorite turmeric supplement and become healthier.
5- turmeric hair removal mask
There is nothing that turmeric can’t do, you will be surprised to know that a turmeric hair removal mask can be used for removing excessive hair as well. you can do this by two formulas:
- soak turmeric in the water, whip the mixture to form a smooth paste, add rice flour, apply the paste on your face, wait for 15 minutes till dryness, scrub the mask before washing, and finally wash your skin with lukewarm water.
- Use ½ cup of flour + ½ cup of cold milk + 2 tbsp of turmeric + 1 tbsp of sea salt (leave out if you have a skin allergy or eczema) → form a paste, apply it on your skin, wait for 15 minutes till dryness, then rinse with warm water.
6- slowing hair growth
Using Curcuma oil -from the same family of turmeric- has great benefits on slowing the growth of unwanted hair.
7- turmeric anti-aging serum
turmeric has anti-aging properties, so a turmeric anti-aging serum is used at night to help you to look younger.
- Use 4 tbsp of aloe Vera gel + 10 drops of turmeric essential oil + 1 tsp of argan oil → mix all ingredients → apply on skin before bedtime and wash in the morning.
8- turmeric teeth whitening and oral health
Turmeric reduces the inflammation of the gums and mouth. it protects against gingivitis, removes plaque and bacteria on the teeth, so turmeric is beneficial in boosting overall oral health and beauty. turmeric teeth whitening is done by two formulas:
- ¼ tsp of turmeric + mint oil as a flavoring agent → wet a toothbrush, dip it into the mixture, brush your teeth, sit for 10 minutes, then wash and enjoy the glowing smile.
- ½ tsp of turmeric + ½ tsp of baking soda + ¼ tsp of L-arginine + 1 tsp of cold-pressed coconut oil → make a mixture in a small bowl till they well-combined → massage teeth and gums with the paste → sit for 15 minutes then rinse with water.
N.B. Use turmeric for teeth whitening and oral health once daily as it can damage your enamel if repeated despite its benefits. It also may stain the bristles of your toothbrush, so a new one must be used for brushing with toothpaste.
our dew TREATS for you are:
1- turmeric stain may remain on your clothes and skin, especially if you have lighter skin.
2- if there is a turmeric stain on your skin, you can remove the stain by using milk, witch hazel, or apple cider vinegar.
3- turmeric used in skincare and cosmetic masks should be fresh and pure with good quality to gain all its benefits.
4- before applying masks on your face, you should scrub your face first for the best results. Moist cucumber. Moist cucumber slices in water, dip them in sugar, wash your face with water, then scrub your face with slices of cucumber.
5- If turmeric is used for the first time, check your skin for allergy. Apply a small amount of it in a less-visible patch of skin. If you are allergic, your skin will have redness, swelling, inflammation, or irritation.
Read more: makeup looks
Read more: Top ten magic essential oils
Read more: Happiness tips
You must be logged in to post a comment.