The best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair is Shampoo which can penetrate the hair layers and drive ingredients to hair roots.
To know the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity, we must know the hair layers.
As we know hair consist of collections of dead cells, these cells are arranged into three layers:
It is the outer layer of hair.
It is the middle layer of hair.
It is the central layer of hair.
Meaning of hair porosity
Before asking about the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair, you need to know the meaning of hair porosity.
Hair porosity is a word that is used to describe the ability of hair to absorb water and moisture and retain it.
Hair Porosity is divided into low porosity, high porosity, and moderate porosity.
Low porosity is a term that means your hair doesn't allow moisture to be absorbed easily into the hair shaft, so it makes the ability of water to saturate your hair after washing it very difficult.
While this type of porosity tends to depress the moisture from hair so its styling is considered a challenge, we must use the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair to moisturize this type of porosity.
How Can we determine the porosity of the hair
We tend to know our hair porosity to determine the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair if we have low porosity hair because as we know low porosity is the most difficult one in dealing with.
If you don't know the type of your hair, you should do the hair porosity test.
1- Wash your hair with shampoo very well to remove any leftover products on it to get an accurate result.
2- Dry your hair.
3- Take one strand of your dried hair, and put this strand into a clear cup of water.
4- Follow and watch the strand to see if they float.
If the strand:
- Remain on the surface of the water, which means that it cannot absorb water and moisture very well, so it has low porosity. So you need to use the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair to achieve good care of this type of hair.
- Still near the surface of the water, which means it has a moderate absorption of water and moisture, so it is a moderate porosity.
- Sinks to the bottom of the water, which means that it has a high ability to absorb water and moisture, so it has a high porosity.
Cause of porosity
Porosity occurs due to many factors such as:
- Genetic factor.
- When you often change the color of your hair, change the style, use heat on it,....etc all of these are called environmental factors.
- Chemical treatment of hair and using products not suitable for your hair.
- Sun exposure.
One Or more of these factors may lead to low porosity hair, so we should know the characteristics of low porosity well, to determine the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair.
What are the characteristics of low-porosity hair
Low porosity products that are used tend to still on your hair instead of being absorbed.
For example, if you put a product on your hair, after some time you will find it still on the surface of your hair, and often if you put your hand on it, it will transfer to your hand, so to solve this problem you should use the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair.
Washing and drying your low-porosity hair will take a longer time than you would expect.
In low-porosity hair, the cuticles tend to overlap with each other and form a very tightly backed one, so it is very difficult to penetrate it.
We talk about characters of low porosity above to know how to use the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair.
How to care for your low-porosity hair
In low porosity hair, the cuticles are tightly packed together, so it is so hard to penetrate them.
So you should use the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair to avoid using a large amount of product and maybe use more than one product on your hair in order to saturate your hair and penetrate its layer.
To achieve this challenge without using many products at the same time, you should use a product that contains ingredients that can deal with this type of hair and penetrate it.
One of these products and the most important one is shampoo.
So let us know What is the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair
The best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair is a shampoo that contains honey or glycerin in its formula because these ingredients can arrive at low porosity hair and penetrate it easier than products that contain oils in their formula.
The best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair includes:
- Kinky-curly comes with Natural moisturizing shampoo. This shampoo doesn't leave residues on hair so it can be used daily.
- Garnier Fructis curl Nourish sulfate-free and silicone-free shampoo, this shampoo is free from silicone and sulfate that can decrease natural hair moisture and also contain glycerin so it can penetrate hair easily and drive its ingredients.
- Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasure Repairing Shampoo. This shampoo is the best choice for dry and damaged low porosity hair, it also contains honey in its formula that helps to add moisture to the hair.
- Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo, this shampoo is very good as a cleaning shampoo used once a week, it has the ability to remove any leftover residues on your hair.
Shea butter shampoo is the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair. Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo and the Righteous Roots Clarifying Shampoo. These shampoos are sulfate-free and contain the moisture that hair needs.
- Besides the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair we talk about above we can also use a conditioner.
Before using conditioner Try to dilute it with a small amount of water before putting it on your hair in order to be more easily absorbed.
Examples of conditioners
- Davines OI All in one milk. It has a low consistency which makes it easily absorbed.
- Deva Curl One Condition Original. It is a creamy conditioner so it is very useful for curly low porosity.
Besides using the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair and using conditioner we can also use a deep conditioner.
Your low porosity hair sometimes may need extra amounts of moisture. This boost of moisture takes it from a deep conditioner that is used as a once-weekly treatment.
For more benefits from deep conditioners, you can use streamers or heat caps when you use it, or you can apply your hair to the deep conditioner and pir a hair cap over your hair, then use a dryer on the warm setting for a few minutes to heat your hair under the cap.
This action helps to open the cuticle and penetrate it.
If you have low-porosity hair, you should not use contained protein conditioner, because protein can cause damage to this type of hair.
Examples of deep conditioners
- Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment, citrus Lavender. This product contains ingredients with high amounts of natural ingredients, which can help to moisturize your hair and soften it without increasing its weight.
- Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Hair Cap System. This deep-conditioner comes with a cap lined with its Conditioning ingredients in addition to the conditioner you put in before putting this cap.
Low porosity is a difficult problem faced by many individuals as the most common one of hair types, its care is very difficult, so we talk about the best moisturizing shampoo for low porosity hair and other products that help to achieve hair humidity and health.
If you are interested, read more about: