• Rejoice, your struggle is going to end. Today we're introducing the best homemade remedies for stomach pain that can soothe, heal, and make you feel better soon.
• Stomach upset is very common nowadays; it's several types and has many causes that many people experience one or more of them.
• In this article, you're gonna find out everything you need to know about stomach pain, common causes, symptoms, and treatment.
What are the causes of stomach pain?
1- Over or fast eating.
2- Spicy food and fast food.
4- Pathological conditions like hyperacidity, peptic ulcer, and gastritis.
6- some medications that induce indigestion such as antibiotics and painkillers.
Symptoms of stomach pain:
Heartburn and cough.
Nausea & vomiting.
Belching and reflux foods and fluids.
Bad breath and farting.
The most effective homemade remedies for stomach pain:
1- Try peppermint leaves
It is one of the most available homemade remedies for stomach pain in our houses. Thanks to its contents of essential oils especially menthol, it provides a significant antispasmodic effect and reduces the gastric muscle's tone which makes it one of the first choices as homemade remedies for stomach pain.
Peppermint also prevents vomiting and diarrhea, acts as a natural analgesic, and treats gas.
You can administer peppermint either by making a cup of its tea, chewing the leaves themselves, or sucking on a minty candy.
Also, you can mix peppermint oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil and apply it directly to the area where the pain exists.
Avoid peppermint in case of acid reflux, As it may relax the upper sphincter and let the content go upward to the esophagus.
This will make it worse.
2- Aloe vera Juice
Aloe juice contains substances that soothe the gastrointestinal tract and can serve as a laxative.
Also, it relieves pain through the following mechanisms:
It reduces the excess stomach acid.
Act as an anti-inflammatory.
Enhancing healthy bowel movements and removing toxins.
Improving protein digestion.
Drink ⅓ cup of pure aloe juice daily, this can help to get rid of heartburn, nausea, vomiting, belching, and flatulence.
3- Drinking enough Water
• Water is essential to digest, absorb and eliminate food.
Dehydration can make the digestion process harder and incomplete. Also, it can cause constipation, acid reflux, and stomach pain.
• So, make sure to drink enough water every day, up to 3.7 liters in men and up to 2.7 liters in women. Especially in persons with abdominal problems like diarrhea and vomiting as they get dehydrated quickly.
4- Have some ginger tea
Ginger tea is one of the most popular homemade remedies for stomach pain. Its mechanism of action is not known precisely but it is thought that: due to its contents of gingerols and shogaols, it can speed up the contractions of the stomach and increase the movement of foods that causes indigestion.
It's easy, just grate some fresh ginger in hot water and add honey, and sip then it'll take care of indigestion.
5- Sip chamomile tea
• Chamomile tea could be one of the most effective homemade remedies for stomach pain that results from digestion as it reduces the tension of lining muscles of the stomach.
• It also contains active ingredients which have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and sedative properties that calm the nerves down, reduce pain and help to relax.
6- Chewing fennel
• Fennel is one of the popular homemade remedies for stomach pain that have been used as traditional food and medicine in many countries for centuries.
• It can help you relieve the discomfort sensation, thanks to its ingredients that have carminative, antimicrobial, analgesic, and diuretic properties.
• You can use it by slicing raw fennel into pieces and chewing on them.
The antioxidant components in cinnamon can help improve digestion and reduce the damage of GIT, some of these are:
Also, cinnamon contains other components that can help eliminate bloating, gas, belching, and other stomach upsets.
You can use it in many ways either as a tea or by adding its powder to your food three times daily to help relieve your stomach pain.
8- Basil leaves
Thanks to its contents, basil leaves are good homemade remedies for stomach pain that reduce cramps, increase appetite, improve overall digestion, and decrease acid secretion.
Also, it can reduce the inflammation of stomach ulcers.
You can add fresh leaves to hot water and make teas, or add one or two tablespoons of the dried leaves to your food until symptoms of stomach pain disappear.
What to do and to avoid?
• Take your meals regularly.
• Get more exercise.
• Increase your fiber intake.
• Drinking alcohol and smoking:
As alcohol is considered as a toxin that is hard to digest and damages the liver, and stomach lining mucosa causing ulcers.
Also, smoking can irritate the throat especially after vomiting as the tissue is already tender and sore from the gastric acid.
• Difficult-to-digest foods:
Some foods are harder to digest and can cause stomach pain such as creamy, fatty, fried, Salty, and heavily preserved foods.
• Spicy foods:
Spicy foods can cause stomach ulcers and irritation on their own, so they worsen your stomach pain.
• Gas-producing veggies:
Such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and asparagus.
• Bubbly drinks:
Like soda, beer, and wine.
• Lying down:
Particularly in a horizontal position after meals, this will cause the acid to move backward and up to the esophagus causing heartburn.
You can wait a few hours or try to raise your head, neck, and chest at a 30-degree angle with pillows.
Having stomach aches is very annoying, try these homemade remedies for stomach pain to reduce symptoms and discomfort. Call your doctor if you have no results or if the symptoms got worse like having blood in stool, swallowing difficulty, severe nausea & vomiting, and weight loss.
Also read about: 17 Stomach Cramps In Children Home Remedies | How To Prevent
written By: Ahmed Khater