There are many home remedies for kidney stones and they are very effective, all you have to do is to make sure that you use them in the right way to get the best results.
Causes of kidney stones
What are kidney stones?
Kidney stones are hard deposits of minerals such as oxalate, and salts such as calcium that are formed inside the kidney and ureter (the passage of urine from the kidneys to the urinary bladder).
Causes of kidney stones:
- Drinking a little amount of water (hydration)
- Excessive consumption of salt or excessive sugar in the diet
- Weight loss or obesity
- Family history (a member of your family suffered before)
Kidney stones symptoms
There are a lot of signs that tell you that you have some kidney problems, for example:
Blood in the urine
The stone is hard and sharp, when it moves inside the ureter it injures it and causes blood.
Nausea and vomiting
It is repeated more times during kidney pain.
Severe pain in your side and back or lower back
Although the pain is severe and you can't stand it, home remedies for kidney stones help you easily flush it.
It is the most common sign of kidney stones to increase the need to urinate every time. However, you have not drunk plenty of fluids.
What are the fastest home remedies for kidney stones to dissolve?
How to fight kidney stones at home?
Drink plenty of fluids
It is one of the most important home remedies for kidney stones passing different types of stones to the urinary bladder. The key to hydration is water.
Although you can drink different types of fluid, water is still the main source of hydration.
You should increase your water intake from 8 to 12 glasses per day for flushing kidney stones and relieving kidney pain.
Avoid dehydration as much as you can. Start drinking water early in the morning. Notice that an excessive amount of water-diluted urine color in this period becomes pale yellow.
Water with lemon
All of us know that lemons contain citric acid, citrate is a chemical substance that prevents stone formation. It has imaginary effects in breaking the stone into tiny parts that ease the passage of it out of the urinary tract.
Lemon juice also has different health benefits which support your immune system with Vit C, some people mix it with olive oil, try it!
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid, It is considered one of the best home remedies for kidney stones because it has a highly effective role in dissolving kidney stones and is also effective in relieving kidney pain, and treating it.
Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into 8 glasses of water. Also, you can add it to your salad.
Attention, this is the possible limit to consume daily. Consuming lots of it causes sore throat, enamel damage, and acid reflux.
You shouldn't drink it if you are treated with certain medical treatments including diuretics.
Many people think that it's the best and most effective home remedy for kidney stones as it plays a protective role against the formation of kidney stones besides improving kidney functions.
It's good to ask the doctor before using it.
It's known that basil is rich in useful nutrients, it was used before to treat digestive system disorders and inflammation.
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties make it an effective natural cure for kidney stones. You can use it fresh or dried, also you can consume it in large amounts and for long periods.
Celery is very useful for health, it is used as one of the effective home remedies for kidney stones, they found that it helps in kidney stone breaking.
Put a part of it in water then drink the mixture.
It is good to visit a doctor before using this remedy.
Kidney bean broth is a traditional Indian dish, it is good for kidney and urinary health.
You can make it easily by cooking kidney beans and taking its broth. You can drink it more times daily.
The leaves, roots, and various parts of this plant contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamins A, B, C, and D. It also contains minerals such as potassium, zinc, and iron minerals.
It is suitable for increasing urine output and improving digestion health, it is considered one of the home remedies for kidney stones.
N.B: It is considered a diuretic, so if you take diuretic drugs, stop it while taking dandelion.
If you suffer from heart disease or low or high blood pressure, you should consume a small dose of dandelion.
They approved that dandelion is good for kidney stones in laboratory studies.
Wheatgrass is good for kidney stones as it increases urine output, and it is also good for improving health.
How to use wheatgrass as one of the home remedies for kidney stones?
Wheatgrass is full of nutrients, you can prepare it by putting wheatgrass in boiled water then taking the Wheatgrass juice and drinking it.
What can you drink to ease kidney stones
- Water is the key to hydration, you can drink water as much as possible.
- Drink lemon juice and fruit juice.
- Drink plenty of fluids until the amount of urine becomes 2 liters per day and its color becomes very pale yellow.
Use all of the home remedies for kidney stones!
How can you keep your kidney healthy without stones
You can keep your kidney healthy without using home remedies for kidney stones.
Increase water intake as much as possible.
Decrease the amount of soda
It is harmful to the kidney.
Increase your citric acid consumption
Because it is useful for:
- Preventing calcium oxalate kidney stones formation.
- Reducing the form of new stones by binding with calcium in the urine.
- Preventing enlargement of stone by binding with exiting calcium oxalate crystals that help the small stone to pass through the narrow ureter.
- It is found in lemons, grapefruits, oranges, and vegetables.
Decrease consuming high oxalate food
If you suffer from hyperoxaluria because it causes:
- Increasing excretion of oxalate in urine.
- Binding with calcium and forming calcium oxalate crystals.
- Binding with other minerals and forming stones.
Prevent taking high doses of vitamin C
- A high dose of ascorbic acid increases the formation of kidney stones.
- Vitamin c may convert into oxalate in the body.
- That increases the oxalate in urine.
- Vitamin c from the diet is safe but the supplement only causes problems.
Increase calcium intake
- Calcium binds with oxalate in a diet that does not permit passing the oxalate from the kidney to the urine.
- Calcium found in milk, yogurt, and cheese.
Decrease intake of salted diet
- High salt intake increases the amount of sodium in the body.
- Increased sodium leads to the excretion of calcium through urine.
- Increase the risk of kidney stone formation.
Take a high-magnesium diet
- Magnesium reduces the absorption of oxalate
- Magnesium prevents the formation of kidney stones.
When shouldn't you depend on home remedies for kidney stones only and should go to the doctor?
If the size of the stone is larger enough to pass through the narrow ureter, these symptoms appear:
Serious kidney stones pain and you can't stand it.
In this case, home remedies for kidney stones aren't enough and you want to go to the doctor.
You can use home remedies for kidney stones to dissolve kidney stones in your home. Keep your body hydrated with water, lemon juice, pomegranate juice, and Celery to keep your kidney healthy.
Read more about